Trayvon Martin march
On March 21, 2012, Occupy Wall Street protesters marched in support of Trayvon Martin. According to Wikipedia:
"Trayvon Martin (February 5, 1995 – February 26, 2012) was an African American teenager who was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, a multiracial Hispanic man in Sanford, Florida. Martin, who was unarmed, had been walking to his father's girlfriend's house when Zimmerman, acting as an unaffiliated neighborhood watch member, followed him based on alleged suspicious activity, then fatally shot him during an altercation between the two."
The march referred to as the "Million Hoodies March". The crowd chanted of ¨no justice, no peace, no racist police!¨
- Hashtag: #millionhoodies
- Occupy movement
- Occupied Wall Street Journal
- Zuccotti Park
- Occupy Union Square
- The Global Square
- Trayvon Martin shooting on Wikipedia.
- Hundreds march in NYC for Fla. teenager shot dead
- Trayvon Martin case: Sanford commission votes 'no confidence' in police chief
- ‘Occupy’ Protesters, and Arrests, Come to Union Square
- Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman