This article discussed the use of social media by the OWS movement.
So far, Occupy is about clustering, but to be really effective it should evolve as an organized movement. http://weblogsky.com/2011/10/03/occupy-clusting-and-coping/
The FBI has said that "Social media has become a primary source of intelligence because it has become the premier first response to key events and the primal alert to possible developing situations."
A guilty plea by Occupy Wall Street protester Malcolm Harris marks the beginning of a legal battle to determine whether he or Twitter owns his tweets. Malcolm Harris was one of hundreds arrested during an October 2011 march across the Brooklyn Bridge. Prosecutors argued that in his tweets he boasted that the protesters pushed past police even when they tried to stop the march, according to prosecutors.
 Global activists
- Anwar Ibrahim http://www.twitter.com/anwaribrahim - opposition leader in Malaysia (
- Judge Maria Afiuni http://www.twitter.com/mariafiuni - lives under house arrest.
- Henrique Capriles http://www.twitter.com/hcapriles - running against Chavez in October
- Ai Weiwei http://www.twitter.com/aiww - Chinese artist
- Ahmed Maher http://www.twitter.com/GhostyMaher One of the founders of the April 6 youth movement;
- Yevgenia Chirikova http://www.twitter.com/KhimkiForest - campaign to prevent the clear-cutting of Khimki Forest
- Wael Nawara http://www.twitter.com/WaelNawara - political advisor to Egyptian politician Ayman Nour
- Social Networks on EFF.org
- Privacy aware social sharing on Occupy.net.
- Video editing http://popcorn.webmaker.org
- Occupy Encyclopedia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Internet Freedom
- Declaration of Internet Freedom
- Internet privacy
- Twitter lists
- FBI would like to follow you on Facebook and Twitter
- Author William Dobson's Top 7 Tweeters Disrupting Regimes
- #NBCFail: Online backlash as Twitter locks out Independent reporter
- Tweeting the Revolution? Technology and Prefigurative Politics
- Twitter, privacy advocates eye Occupy case after guilty plea