The Occupy movement is an international protest movement which is primarily directed against economic and social inequality.
A quote from Glenn Greenwald in Salon.com on September 28, 2011 is revealing: "Does anyone really not know what the basic message is of this protest: that Wall Street is oozing corruption and criminality and its unrestrained political power — in the form of crony capitalism and ownership of political institutions — is destroying financial security for everyone else?"
 Coordinated crackdown
Wonkette and Washingtonsblog.com reported that the Mayor of Oakland acknowledged that the Department of Homeland Security had participated in an 18-city mayor conference call advising mayors on "how to suppress" Occupy protests.
After a number of high profile evictions the Occupy movement is now promoting dozens of smaller actions, such as picketing the president in New York and staging sit-ins at homes marked for foreclosure.
 Evolution of the Occupy Movement in 2012
Here are some ways the Occupy movement is trying to evolve:
 OCCUPY THE ELECTION
Many in the Occupy movement specifically reject electoral politics. Relationships with labor unions have been a mixed bag.
New Hampshire campaign events have been a target of small groups of protesters.
 OCCUPY THE ECONOMY
Occupy ran a campaign urging consumers to move their money from the commercial banks to not-for-profit credit unions.
Occupy San Francisco is planning a big demonstration in that city's Financial District on Jan 20.
Some groups of protesters are trying to come up with alternative banking systems.
Others are pushing for legislation:
On the West Coast, demonstrators have twice picketed at ports.
In January of 2012 George Soros predicted riots on the streets of America that will lead to a brutal clampdown that will dramatically curtail civil liberties.
 OCCUPY HOUSING
In December protesters launched Occupy Our Homes.
Occupy Atlanta says it forced JPMorgan Chase to offer more generous terms.
Just before New Year's Eve, police arrested squatters in an Oakland home they were holding.
 OCCUPY CYBERSPACE
The Occupy movement has been driven by social media.
The group rolled out StudioOccupy.org.
Occupydream.org aims to collect a million "statements of dreams" in advance of a march on Washington timed for Martin Luther King's birthday on January 16.
Some protesters have also begun to use "Vibe"
The use of such technology enables the movement to mobilize and organize efficiently without a top-down hierarchy.
 OCCUPY REAL SPACE
Police have raided the big metropolitan camps.
Occupy Wall Street is renting office space in lower Manhattan.
Occupy Atlanta is in the top floor of a homeless shelter.
Questions about physical space have stimulated a debate within the movement.
 OCCUPY CULTURE
- "We are the 99 percent"
- "Whose streets? Our streets"
- "Banks got bailed out, we got sold out"
By welcoming everyone, eschewing hierarchy, and allowing a voice to whoever shows up, the Occupy movement hopes to set an example for the rest of society.
- Victories on Occupy.net
- Flickr pool
- List_of_Occupy_movement_protest_locations on Wikipedia
- List_of_Occupy_movement_protest_locations_in_the_United_States on Wikipedia.
- List_of_Occupy_movement_protest_locations_in_California on Wikipedia.
 The Partnership for Civil Justice Fund
- Occupy Encyclopedia
- Global Sites
- Occupy Wall Street
- Occupied Wall Street Journal
- The Global Square
- Global Spring
- Organized action Event
- THE NEW COMMON SENSE
- The 99% Movement
 Related Web Sites
- Occupy movement on Wikipedia.
- Timeline of Occupy Wall Street on Wikipedia.
- We are the 99% on Wikipedia.
- What’s behind the scorn for the Wall Street protests?
- CHARTS: Here's What The Wall Street Protesters Are So Angry About...
- Posters for the #Occupy movement
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS STATEMENT ON THE OCCUPY MOVEMENT: WE ARE THE 99%
- The shocking truth about the crackdown on Occupy
- After raids, Wall Street protesters shift tactics
- The Occupy Movement - Why are they protesting?
- Arundhati Roy: 'The People Who Created the Crisis Will Not Be the Ones That Come Up With a Solution'
- Occupy’ Protesters Listed As Domestic Terrorists
- FDL OccupySupply State of the Occupation: Updated List of Encampments Across the Country
- Occupy 2012: Firmly disorganized, driven by dreams
- George Soros on the Coming U.S. Class War
- FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists
- #Occupied: Reports From the Front Lines
- Decentralized, global and "comcomized" (equally owned by its users) platforms for the 99%
- Ben & Jerry raise cool ‘Occupy’ cash, get activists’ cold shoulder
- Occupy Groups Get Funding
- Infiltration to Disrupt, Divide and Misdirect Is Widespread in Occupy (Part I)
- Norway's Johan Galtung, Peace & Conflict Pioneer, Reflects on Norwegian Massacre, Afghan War
- Noam Chomsky: What next for Occupy?
- The latest Occupy impostors
- Occupy’s Second Coming – by Jack Johnson
- Occupy Oakland is Dead. LONG LIVE THE OAKLAND COMMUNE.
- 18 Venn diagrams showing how corrupted American ‘democracy’ really is | End the Lie – Independent News
- Docs Show White House, DHS Coverup Of Massive Natiowide Occupy Spy Network
- Rethinking the Occupy Movement
- The Occupy movement is going nowhere
- Occupy Movement -- Rooted in Anarchy?
- The Occupy Movement Is Going Nowhere
- Forum Post: Do you think Anarchist are Hurting the Occupy Movement? And if yes, Will This Cause Occupy to Splinter?
- Reports of Occupy’s Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
- Occupy Movement -- Rooted in Anarchy?
- Camps Are Cleared, but ‘99 Percent’ Still Occupies the Lexicon
- The Plot Against Occupy
- FBI Documents Reveal Secret Nationwide Occupy Monitoring
- Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy
- A New Direction for Occupy in 2013
- Occupy movement harms society
- Scorecard: How Many Rights Have Americans REALLY Lost?
- Eroding Liberty
- Fbi Document—“[Deleted” Plots To Kill Occupy Leaders “If Deemed Necessary”]
- DHS Secret Assassination Squads?
- Has Occupy Wall Street Finally Achieved "Joke" Status?
- What Has Occupy Done?