Occupy Union Square
Occupy Union Square began on March 17, 2012 after a reoccupation of Zuccotti Park (Liberty Square) was violently attacked by NYPD. The Occupation took advantage of legal loophole that required that part of Union Square stay open 24 hours per day.
Shortly after midnight a massive contingent of approximately 500 NYPD evicted 200-300 protesters from Union Square on March 22, 2012. Occupiers marched around the perimeter and waited in a tense stand-off until police finally left.
- http://www.occupyunionsquare.org - parked
- http://www.occupyunionsquare.net - parked
- http://www.occupyunionsq.org - parked
- Hashtags: #UnionSQ, #OccupyUnionSq
- Occupy movement
- Occupy Wall Street
- Occupied Wall Street Journal
- Trayvon Martin march
- Zuccotti Park
- The Global Square