NATO summit 2012
The 2012 Chicago summit is a meeting of the heads of state and heads of government of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, to be held in Chicago, Illinois, on 20 and 21 May 2012. McCormick Place convention center, is inside a security zone guarded by tall fences.
During the protest several war vet away their medals. At 5pm on May 20, 2012 riot police moved in and issued a dispersal warning to the crowd using two LRADs.
- A Tale of Two NATOs: Permitted Marches Meet the Black Bloc
- Cops arrest livestreamer @Rebelutionary_Z in Chicago
- Raw Video Of Chicago Police Beating NATO Protesters With Batons
 G8 and NATO summit 2012
The G8 and NATO were supposed to hold simultaneous summit in Chicago in May 2012. The world’s military and political elites, heads of state, 7,500 officials from 80 nations, and more than 2,500 journalists attend. Occupy Chicago plan on setting up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and for a month around he summit. On March 5, 2012 the location of the G8 was moved to Camp David.
- Occupy Encyclopedia
- Global Spring
- May 12 Global Day of Action
- General Strike
- Media team
- Clown Bloq
- Vermin Supreme
- Black bloc
- Iraq Veterans Against the War on Wikipedia
 NATO Indymedia Social Media & Submission Coordinates
- Source: http://pastebin.com/B1cwgeiT
 CONTACT COORDINATES
- http://natoprotest.org and
- Phone: (773) 384-8544
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @NATOindymedia
- IRC Server: irc.indymedia.org and /join #NATOtalk
- Media Convergence Center: MultiKulti, 1000 W. Milwaukee Ave, 4th Floor, Chicago IL 60642.
- Protest Convergence Center: Wellington Avenue United Church of Christ, 615 W. Wellington Ave., Chicago IL 60657.
 SOCIAL MEDIA
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/natoindymedia and hashtag: #NoNATO
- Livestream: http://livestream.com/chicagoindymedia
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/natoindymedia
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/nato.indymedia
 GET TEXT ALERTS
- Register for text message, email, or cel.ly alerts at: ops.march-hare.org/messaging
- Text @NATOACTION to the phone number 23559 for frequent updates regarding anything NATO-related. -WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO?
 SUBMIT BREAKING NEWS FROM THE STREETS
- Submit links to your uploaded reports/videos:
- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via smartphone/Web:
- Via telephone: (773) 384-8544
- Via text: (216) 586-6431
 KEY REFERENCE PAGES
- Call for independent journalists:
- Why Protest NATO? http://natoprotest.org/why
- Events/Media Calendar: http://natoprotest.org/calendar
- Basic guidelines when posting:
- -do not spread rumors
- -nothing that could be construed as incitement or provocation
- -cite/link source of info you quote (Tweet, webpage, phone interview, etc)
- -do not feed the trolls – ignore them, they suck energy (trolllollulz!)
- Compiled by NATO Indymedia team.
- Contact @flyingmonkeyair on Twitter with any corrections.
- 2012 Chicago Summit on Wikipedia.
- G8 on Wikipedia.
- May day on Occupy.net
- Obama shifts location of G-8 summit from hometown of Chicago to his Camp David retreat
- Residents of State Street Condo Told To Leave Chicago During NATO Summit
- Occupy offshoot to bus protesters to Chicago
- #ChicagoSpring: Occupy NATO May 12-21 Full Schedule
- As NATO Meets in Chicago, Activists Condemn "Militarized Arm of the 1 Percent"
- Eight Arrested In Midnight Raid on Chicago Apartment
- Europe's economic woes dominate G8 gathering
- Cops: Protesters wanted to hit Obama HQ, mayor's home
- NATO Summit Protesters Faced Police Raid and Arrests in Chicago On Wednesday
- Free the #NATO3!
- 2 more activists charged related to NATO summit
- City Of Chicago Website Target Of Cyber Attack?