Kayvan Sabehgi, a former Army Ranger who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, is in intensive care with a lacerated spleen. He says he was beaten by police the night of November 2-3 near to the Occupy Oakland camp. Despite suffering agonising pain, he did not reach a hospital until 18 hours after his arrest, when he was released after his bail was posted.
He is a co-owner of Elevation 66, a brewery and restaurant in El Cerrito.
- Occupy Oakland: second Iraq war veteran injured after police clashes by Adam Gabbatt
- Second Iraq War vet hospitalized after Oakland protest by Muriel Kane, 4 Nov
- US Army veteran injured in Oakland clashes with police Reuters, 4 Nov
- "OAKLAND: Another Iraq War veteran injured, hospitalized after police injured him during arrest" KTVU, 4 Nov
- ABC7 report 3 Nov
 External Links
- Occupy Oakland on Wikipedia